Monday, October 3, 2011

McDonald's Again?


Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to a MckMama's Blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

Oh, this is going to be interesting...do you really want to know this much about me?

Well, I can tell you that I did not join this link-up to show you what a great SAH housewife and mother I am...definitely NOT ME! (Edited to add: That is said in all earnestness...and I'm okay with that. May not be a great SAHM, but am certainly a blessed SAHM covered in some serious grace!!!) Nope, in fact, with Not Me! Mondays you may wish that you didn't know me and all my loverly imperfections that well. (I don't use made-up words either, nope, not me!)

But if you wish to know, continue to be brave and have a tank of oxygen because I'm sure at some point it will make you laugh until you cry. Go ahead, I often have. Though at the time, I did not. Nope. Not me!

For example, the time (years ago, mind you) it was NOT ME who burned dinner that made our entire home smell.

I was busy upstairs working on sorting through the boys' clothes, doing such good mommy/housewife chores to keep our home running smoothly. So there was no way I could forget that the beans were on the stove simmering away. Not me.

It was not me who came down to find the entire first floor smoky though Darling Groom and precious ones seemed to ignore it. And it wasn't me who tentatively headed to the stove to discover all of the water had boiled out of the pot and our dinner was burned to a crisp.

...

And I know my sweet little, chocolate-smudged faced child would not look up at me two nights later, and ask me if I would burn dinner so we could have McDonald's again.

Nope not him.

This is not what our family is like. Nope, no way. Not us!

4 comments:

  1. I think my kids would LOVE if I burned dinner if it meant we would all go to McDonald's. What IS it about McDonald's that kids love so darn much? LOL

    I saw your link on Mckmama's blog. Thought I'd come by to check out what a great SAH housewife you are :)

    From one SAH housewife to another...

    Katrina in CA
    They All Call Me Mom

    I'm now following your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katrina, thanks so much for stopping by! I can't wait to go see what a great SAHM you are. BTW, that was an honest statement, so not a great SAHM, but am certainly a blessed one covered under some serious grace! :) And if you figure out the McDonald's thing, let me know, LOL.

    Hugs & Prayers,
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  3. *giggle*

    I babysit my nephew during the day and every time we are out running errands, he always spots a McDonald's and hollers "fries,fries,fries" from the backseat :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I've never done those things either... *cough*

    ReplyDelete