Monday, October 3, 2011

Ken Loves Tam ~ Another Mr. Monday Post


Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church,
and gave himself for it;
(Ephesians 5:25, KJV)

A few weeks ago I wrote about our duty of love (aka submitting to our husbands as we would our Lord) and it has been on my heart as I have gone about the weeks since. I have been praying that no matter the status of our "romance" that I would do what is commanded of me in genuine charity.

Well, if you know my husband, then you are aware that he has a fine wit, strong, and while he is not ashamed to cry he does not do it often. When we were dating/first married (in the '90s) he used to joke that he was a man of the '90s--the 1890s. Yup, that's my Darling Groom. While not given too often to external shows of sentimentality, he does have a deep streak of it and will sometimes surprise me with a physical reminder.

Such as he did today. Before we left to go to the city, at some point he wrote out this little sign, then put it smack dab on the middle of the freezer.


(Sorry for the bright spot, not sure what was going on with my camera.)

Imagine my surprise when I came home to find that on my fridge! While he shows me each day that he loves me with his many acts of service, this note honored me. It really does make my heart flutter when I see such proclamations posted for the world to see.

So, I had to brag on him today and thank him for loving me as commanded and for taking the time to show me in a much more physical way.

Oh, and Darling Groom...Tam Loves Ken, too!



For more information on Mr. Monday Link-ups,
be sure to visit Servant, Wife, Mother

2 comments:

  1. How sweet is that! A love note on the fridge! That would score some points with me, big time. My husband shows his love for me in many ways; working hard for our family so that I can be a stay-at-home-mom which has always been my "dream job" , cooking our family dinners, taking the kids out of the house so that I can be alone for a few hours, and he does many other wonderful things. But I don't believe he's ever left a big love sign like that on our fridge. But I'm sure he would, if he knew it would make me happy :) My husband and I started dating in the 90's, too. We met in June 1991, and were married September 1992! (a very short dating period....but so far a very long marriage :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katrina,

    That's the same here! He's a hard worker and great provider and does so much in ways of service and I know he loves us all so much. That's why I had to brag on this note! :) It's such a rare treasure that I just love it.

    I think the longer marriage is definitely the better! :) Congrats on your love and marriage and praying much blessing and God's love enriches your marriage and takes you both to an even deeper love for each other!

    ReplyDelete