One of the projects that occupied my time in the past month was an apron I created for a swap partner. It's one of my favorites and while I'm still mastering that waist band (I'm a novice seamstress), it was so much fun to do. It was also the first time I've enjoyed working with the bias tape (seemed to have conquered working with that finally).
If you know me in real life, then you know of my affinity for aprons--especially vintage ones. Though I have been under conviction of excess and have purged my collection, I do still enjoy looking at them and making them for people I know.
This particular little darling is from Simplicity. It's part of their "vintage/retro" revival of apron patterns and I'm thrilled to report they are not the only ones re-releasing vintage patterns (see also Butterick and McCall's, etc.).
The objective of this swap was to create something from our stash for spring and for the kitchen. I had purchased this fabric a bit back (which is why I don't remember the name of it)--the only reason I know where it came from is because it was printed on the selvage. We were allowed to purchase only $10 or less in supplies (not from stash) so I used that to purchase another two packs of double-fold bias (I had one).
It is Simplicity pattern # 2592 (apron view "d") and I made it in "medium" size. the fabric is a cotton made exclusively for Joann Fabrics. I thought it was the perfect spring/summer pattern. The generously long apron ties were made of basic white broadcloth.